iMac (21.5-inch) - Technical Specifications
- 21.5-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display
- 1920‑by‑1080 resolution with support for millions of colors
2.3GHz dual‑core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz)
8GB of 2133MHz DDR4 memory
Configurable to 16GB
- 1TB (5400-rpm) hard drive
Configurable to 1TB Fusion Drive or 256GB SSD
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
Video Support and Camera
- FaceTime HD camera
- Simultaneously supports full native resolution on the built-in display at millions of colors (21.5-inch) or 1 billion colors (21.5-inch 4K) and:
- One 5120‑by‑2880 (5K) external display at 60Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or
- Two 3840-by-2160 (4K UHD) external displays at 60Hz with support for 1 billion colors, or
- Two 4096‑by‑2304 (4K) external displays at 60Hz with support for millions of colors
- Thunderbolt 3 digital video output
- Native DisplayPort output over USB‑C
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA output supported using adapters (sold separately)
- Stereo speakers
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
Connections and Expansion
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- SDXC card slot
- Four USB 3 ports (compatible with USB 2)
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports with support for:
- Thunderbolt (up to 40Gb/s)
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s)
- Thunderbolt 2, HDMI, DVI, and VGA supported using adapters (sold separately)
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Kensington lock slot
Magic Keyboard comes standard with your iMac. It’s wireless and rechargeable (so you won’t be replacing batteries), with an ultracompact, edge-to-edge design that wastes no surface space. It has a stable scissor mechanism, optimized key travel, and a low profile that provide control and comfort. And it pairs immediately with your iMac right out of the box.
Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
You get all the functionality of Magic Keyboard, with an extended layout that makes it even easier to work and play. Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad includes document navigation controls — page up, page down, home, and end — and full-size arrow keys that are perfect for navigating pro apps, moving through spreadsheets, and playing games.
Magic Mouse 2
Magic Mouse 2 comes standard with your iMac. The design of Magic Mouse 2 lets it glide smoothly across your desk. And since it supports Multi-Touch, you can use simple gestures on its surface to do things such as swipe between web pages and scroll through documents.
Magic Trackpad 2
If you prefer using a trackpad, Magic Trackpad 2 gives you the full range of Multi-Touch gestures and introduces Force Touch to the desktop. Sensors underneath the trackpad surface detect subtle differences in the amount of pressure you apply, bringing more functionality to your fingertips and enabling a deeper connection to your content. This design, along with a low profile, makes it extremely comfortable to use.
802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking
IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
Bluetooth 4.2 wireless technology
Size and Weight
- Height: 17.7 inches (45.0 cm)
- Width: 20.8 inches (52.8 cm)
- Stand depth: 6.9 inches (17.5 cm)
- Weight: 12.5 pounds (5.66 kg)2
Electrical and Operating Requirements
- Line voltage: 100–240V AC
- Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz, single phase
- Operating temperature: 50° to 95° F (10° to 35° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Operating altitude: tested up to 10,000 feet
In the Box
- 21.5‑inch iMac
- Magic Keyboard
- Magic Mouse 2
- Power cord
- Lightning to USB Cable
macOS is the operating system that powers every Mac. macOS Catalina gives you more of everything you love about Mac. So you can take everything you do above and beyond.
Accessibility features help people with disabilities get the most out of their new iMac. With built-in support for vision, hearing, mobility, and learning, you can create and do amazing things.
- Voice Control
- Increase Contrast
- Reduce Motion
- Siri and Dictation
- Switch Control
- Closed Captions
- Text to Speech
- Voice Memos
- Photo Booth
- App Store
- Time Machine
- Find My
- QuickTime Player
Configure to Order
Configure your iMac with these options.
Looking for an iMac you can mount on a wall or an adjustable arm? Choose an iMac with a Built-in VESA Mount Adapter
- Magic Trackpad 2
- Magic Keyboard with Numeric Keypad
- 16GB memory upgrade
- 1TB Fusion Drive
- 256GB SSD
iMac and the Environment
Apple takes a complete product life cycle approach to determining our environmental impact. Learn more
iMac is designed with the following features to reduce its environmental impact:
- Arsenic-free display glass
- Mercury-free LED-backlit display
- Recyclable aluminum enclosure
- Speaker enclosures made with 60 percent post‑consumer recycled plastic
- Fan assembly made with 27 percent bio‑based plastic
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Rated EPEAT Gold5
Apple and the Environment
Learn more about Apple’s dedication to reducing the environmental impact of our products and process. Or read our Product Environmental Reports for detailed information on the environmental performance of every Apple product.
Declared noise emission values in accordance with ECMA-109
|Sound Power Level
L W A,m (B)
|Sound Pressure Level
L p A,m (dB)
|Idle||2.0 (K V = 0.3)||11|
|Wireless web||1.9 (K V = 0.3)||11|
|Hard drive seek||2.0 (K V = 0.3)||12|
- L W A,m is the mean A-weighted sound power level, rounded to the nearest 0.1 B.
- L p A,m is the mean A-weighted sound pressure level measured at operator position (rounded to the nearest 1 dB).
- 1 B (bel) = 10 dB (decibel)
- K v is the statistical adder for computing upper-limit of A-weighted sound power level.
- The quantity, L W A,c (formerly called L W Ad) may be computed from the sum of L W A,m and K v.
- The Wireless web test browses 25 popular websites.
- Configuration tested: 2.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB memory, 1TB hard drive, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640.